Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The house that wasn't for sale

Back when we lived with Alex's parents we met this couple there who invited us over to dinner. We complemented them on their home and then said that they had found in a way that most people don't. It wasn't for sale and they loved it. So they walked up to their door and asked if they could buy it and the people said yes! I found this house I love. Here are the reasons I love it: -Built in 1927 with lots of character -Big wrap around front porch with only a few steps to get up -2 story -4 bedrooms and 2,200 sq ft -hidden away by trees in a nice neighborhood -great location, right off of Hendersonville road by Ingles, but quite because of all the trees. -Glen arden school district which I have heard wonderful things about-top rated school in Buncombe county -about 5 minutes to the church building -about 20 minutes to Alex's work Down side=not for sale Plus side=I can still go ask if they want to sell it, so I did She kind of laughed and said, "anything is for sale for the right price". She said she had originally bought the house in 2006 (height of the market) with the intent to flip it, but then the market went down and hasn't sold it yet. She said she would sell it, but was asking for $400,000 for it. I looked online by typing the address into google and found the stats. She bought it for $200,000! She had made some improvements, and she isn't really wanting to sell it, hence the high price. But I was kind of sad when she told me the price, because I was so excited that we could afford it. There are some other houses in that neighborhood that I like that aren't for sale that I will also be asking about soon. Here are two of them:

2 comments:

  1. You are funny. I will bet she has told everyone that she has seen since then..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find a house you like! You are one determined girl. At the very least, you're giving the neighbors something to talk about!

    ReplyDelete