Monday, August 6, 2012

Charleston

My favorite bridge ever!
We went with my mom, brother(Alex), and sister(Heather).
So here's the thing about Charleston that I love so much: the FOOD! They have some of the best restaurants that I have ever eaten at. My rule is we have to eat at at least one new restaurant each time we go and of course it has to be a local place as well. The problem with my rule: I like fancy food, Alex likes Hyman's. So we go to Hyman's for him at least once and I go to one of my fancy food restaurants. Compromise....that is what marriage is all about right? So, pictured below is us eating at Hyman's.
The next night we got to go to Five Loaves. I found them on yelp and it was amazing! It was this little hole in the wall jazz like setting. We all got something really good, but then my mom got this AMAZING dish. It was tilapia on garlic mashed potatoes with capers and some other stuff I don't remember. But seriously, the tilapia tasted like steak, it was that good! The best tilapia I have ever had in my life. The price was really good too!
Sunday morning, my mom, Heather, and I woke up to go watch the sunrise at the Charleston pier with the porch swings. It was so peaceful and pretty. Unfortunately, there were a few clouds, but it was still quite a sight! All these pictures below were taken that morning at the pier.
Can I just live here please?

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I sooo want to live in Charleston- you know, in one of those 8 million dollar houses you found?! haha! Definitely going to check out those restaurants- we haven't been to either!

    ReplyDelete