Sunday, January 13, 2013

Steelcase Metal Tanker Desk!!!

Months and months ago I went into Goodwill in search of a good deal. I found a tanker desk. I wanted it bad, but alas we lived in a tiny apartment. I passed it up. Every since I have regretted that decision and have been looking for one on craigslist. Finally! I found one, talked them down to $50 and had a friend pick it up. The drawers are super deep so I can pretty much fit my whole house in it (hence the name tanker desk?). One door I keep my printer in, unseen! The other side has a drawer for files, which I love because then I don't need a filing cabinet. It gets even better, the top is turquoise which is the best color God created. I then needed a chair to go with this desk. Again I went to my buddy Craig and found this rockin singer sewing chair and also talked them down in price. The desk is from 1950 and I am not sure how old the chair is, but it is pretty old. I have very much been enjoying the furniture and style from the 50's and 60's lately. Oh and by the way to really bring home how good of a deal I got on the desk, similar tanker desks are going for $1,000 or more on ebay and etsy! Crazy! I love living in Asheville where vintage items are cheap cheap cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment