Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Nathan's Bed

So here's the deal. Two years ago I made Nathan a bed. I found one online I liked and copied it. I was planning on moving the boys into the same room, which meant I needed matching beds, because I am a freak like that. So I went on craigslist looking for something like this (crate and barrel - $800):



I found one in TN for $30. I wish I had taken a before picture of it, because it was pretty bad. The paint was chipping and it was totally rusted. My mom brought it to me and I worked for two days on it during the boys nap time. I sanded and spray painted the thing in my front yard. Also, because the bed is probably 100 years old, the paint probably had lead, which meant I got to wear an attractive mask while I worked on it. While I was working on it some kids had just gotten off the bus and I could hear them talking to each other about me and wondering why I was wearing a mask in the front yard. They were probably a little scared of me, all my neighbors probably were. But it was worth it...



I found another one for Blake in Winston-Salem and Alex's parents picked that one up for me for $35 and it looks identical. I worked on that one for 3 hours this past weekend. Alex helped me some and reminded me that he really isn't a fan of my "projects", even though he is nice enough to help me. I then reminded him that at least I didn't buy the one for $800 at Crate and Barrel. This is also the free duvet cover that I got at Target on Black Friday. Not completely what I wanted but heck, it was free!





I am going to move Blake into his bed when he turns two at the end of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment