Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

We traveled to Clemmons, NC to Alex's parents for Thanksgiving. Both of Alex's brothers also came into town. After we were all done eating, my sister-in-law, my niece, and I all went to CVS for some sweet deals. I am pretty sure that is my first time going to a store on Thanksgiving. They didn't know how to get to CVS, so naturally I had to come along and I just so happened to have my coupon book with me. Win win! These are our traditional family photos on Alex's parents front porch.



I am really really unsure what Alex is doing in this picture, but I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it, so logically it is here for all to see.



Black Friday ( I am not sure why this day is called Black, but I am gonna run with it) we went to Target at around 10. All I needed was a free duvet cover with a purchase of a comforter. I got it and we were on our merry little way. Then we went to the mall where I discovered a newly opened H & M. I screamed like a school girl, that's what Alex said anyway. Saturday we went to the park and then later that night we went back to the same park for a festival of lights. We were there for 2 hours! We spent 1 1/2 of those hours sitting in traffic. By the end of the drive around the park, I was yelling at Alex to pass cars that were just lolly gagging through it. The first 2 times he did pass the cars I told him to, but then refused the next 5. We all never wanted to see another Christmas light ever again.



This is one of the $10 shirts I got at H & M. The denim one is from the men's section. Holla!



Blake's hair looks funny, I couldn't resist.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet deal on the duvet cover!

    It's actually a tradition to call a day of the week "black" when they are associated with disaster- especially financial disaster ie black Thursday- stock market crash in 1929 and in 1869, “Black Friday” came to refer to the day of the so-called Fisk-Gould scandal- a financial panic caused by gold speculation. So it's ironic for the first day of the Christmas-shopping season no? Doesn't sound like it was disastrous for you! Good thing your weren't hit with pepper spray from crazies on the prowl for electronics (a story from a California Wal-Mart)! There are some insane people out there! Glad you got to spend the holiday with family! Shane is back in bed, and I probably should stop reading your blog and go back too! :)

    ReplyDelete