Sunday, December 4, 2011

Alex's New Job

In a week (December 12th) Alex starts a new job. It is more of a training than a job, but it is paid and he is leaving his old job (The Oaks at Sweeten Creek-Social Worker). He is starting a 28 week Administrator in training program at a skilled nursing home called Carolina Village in Hendersonville, NC. It is close to us, so we don't have to move! He has wanted to do this for a year now, but it has been a matter of finding someone to train him. So needless to say we are really excited. Here is a picture of the facility where he will be training.



This license that he will have will provide great opportunities for our family and hopefully in a couple years we will be able to buy a house. I have been so excited to buy a house that I am really looking at what I want and trying to decide if I want a fixer upper or not. I know I know, they are usually money pits, but my tastes are so specific, that I hate to buy a nice new house and then redo everything in it. So here is a picture of a house that I oh and ah over everyday I drive by it, which is a lot because it is right next to Nathan's preschool. It is even across the street from Goodwill! The only problem...1. It isn't for sale, 2. It is on a very busy main road.

2 comments:

  1. What is the biggest appeal to you on this house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, well it definitely isn't the broken windows! Do you remember seeing it? I am not really sure what the biggest appeal is, but I think it is the front porch (it is a wrap around and only has a few steps up to it) and the simplicity of the white. Most houses with a big ole front porch usually have a staircase leading to the front door and that just seems uninviting to me. I also like the light color of the roof.

    ReplyDelete