Sunday, February 12, 2012

Some Day

Some day soon we will have a house of our own, not a rental. Hopefully that some day will be early next year. Even though it is somewhat far away I have started getting lots of ideas. Lately I have been getting pretty excited about this and when I get excited I start to day dream. Here are some of my day dreams I want for my future house.



I love this kitchen for some many reasons. The first is the turquoise lights. Then the white countertops, the white cabinets, the window cabinets, and the dark floors.



I also love this couch from pottery barn. It is not your normal couch and I really love it because it is slip covered. With two (possibly more) boys I don't think I would want cream though.




I am in love with this chair from crate and barrel, just not the price. I am sure I could find something similar for a little bit cheaper down the road. I want two of them to go on either end of the coffee table and to go with the couch.





I have been wanting this bed for us from crate and barrel for a while now. When we first got married we got a bedroom set from Ikea and I am not sure how much longer this will last. I am addicted now to metal bed frames to go with a dark wood dresser and nightstands. I think I am so addicted because I don't like a set, it is just too matchy matchy for me.



Here is the dresser from crate and barrel. It has two matching nightstands that I would also like.



I love these metal stools to add different textures to a room. These would go in the kitchen at the bar.



I love this chair from Anthropologie, but I could totally find a plain old chair at a yard sale and paint it turquoise, no biggy. I just had to show you this really cute one!

So here are a few of my favorite things, I am sure I will share more in the future.

Also, we all got ready for church today and braved the really really cold weather (so sad, b/c it has been so warm here, so warm in fact flowers have already started blooming). The boys were great during sacrament meeting, but then Nathan said he didn't feel good. So I take Nathan home just before he gets to go into his class and as soon as we get home he says he feels fine. How is it that my 4 year old already knows how to get out of church!!!!!! I thought this wasn't supposed to happen until he was like 16 or something?!?!

1 comment:

  1. I like "that is just too matchy for me." :)

    Ah, Nathan. Already learned the art of manipulating his mother. According to my childless brother, babies learn within a few months of their lives what they need to do to manipulate their mothers. Cry -- mom feeds me. Cry -- mom picks me up. Cry -- mom plays with me. . . You get the idea.
    I think he has a point, but I don't really like the word "manipulate." Even if it is the best word to describe what's going on.

    ReplyDelete