Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Day of the Copy Cat




I have been a total copycat today! I don't know what my deal is, but hey if it works, it works right? I was browsing the Jcrew catalog and saw this outfit and loved it. I have been eyeing these pumps at Jcrew for a while, but they are toooo expensive ($198). When I realized I could find them at the outlet warehouse in Asheville I was "pumped". They were still a little pricey for me ($70), but my birthday is coming up. Besides some girls at the store told me that it was a sign that I should get them because they had been there 3 different times in my size. Anyway, to off set the expensive shoes I found this shirt at goodwill. It wasn't the same color as the shirt from Jcrew but I really liked it anyway. O, and by the way, this shirt is really really old, I can tell by the tag. I love old clothes because of the quality.
The funny thing was that I walked out into the living room after getting ready and Blake pointed at me and said "Orange". I am glad he is learning his colors!






A few weeks ago we went to Carabba's because we had a gift card. I got the penne franco because I have been trying to eat less meat and less dairy. It was very good and while I ate it I thought, "I could totally make this". So today I made it and it tasted just as good. Here is the recipe:


Penne Franco

1 box of pasta (I used rotini, Carraba's uses penne)
About 4 T olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1 pack of mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup Kalamata olives
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh italian flat leaf parsley, minced very fine
Cook pasta and drain.
Add olive oil to skillet and sautee garlic for about 2 minutes on medium heat. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, and artichoke hearts to skillet and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
On a serving dish place pasta, then parmesan, then vegetables.
If you don't like one of the items like olives or mushrooms, the dish would still taste great without them. I picked out the mushrooms and olives for my family and I ate everything.

3 comments:

  1. Yum!
    I picked up a book from the library called something like Decadent Vegan, and I can't wait to go through it and see what kind of things are out there!
    And yes, if you ever want to send me your family favorite veggie/vegan recipes please do! We eat pretty vegetarian anyway because of price point with meat--but i feel kind of stuck with our recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So which pic is you and which is the model? You are so talented to pull off these things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome in that outfit! Oh - and thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete