Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me!

The day started off a little shaky, I'm not gonna lie, but I went to pick Alex up from work and we went to pick up my cake from downtown Hendersonville. It was very good and very pretty. Alex surprised me with it (after a lot of hinting that I wanted a cake and I didn't want to make my own cake). Shortly after we went to pick up the cake my mom came into town and took the boys out to dinner while Alex and I went to eat in downtown Asheville. We went to Posanna. We had been there twice before and loooved it, so that's what I picked. It is an "Asheville" restaurant, but on the fancy side. All fresh, local, healthy, well thought out food. Alex got the Pan Seared Scottish Salmon: cipollini onions, asparagus, sweet potato hash, cabernet-honey reduction (which I tasted: A+). It was very sweet and fresh with an ounce of sass...just like Alex. I got the Spring Vegetable Risotto: asparagus, grilled spring onions and baby artichoke hearts, peas, chives. It was very cute and simple...just like me. I also ordered a salad that was very plain and simple: lettuce, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, and the best balsamic vinagarette....it was a party in my mouth! If you can see the picture of the restaurant there it is for someone with amazing eye sight to see.
There I am on our way back to the car after eating.
Soooo...the real reason my mom came into town: There is a Jcrew warehouse and store front outlet in Asheville that I just found out about in January. It gets better people....there is a warehouse sale that happens every so often. I experienced this for the first time today. It blew my mind.
My momma, my friend Vanessa, and I all got there about 6:30 AM. There were already about 75 people there waiting. The people at the front had been there since 4 AM and had an air mattress (it made me laugh even typing that). Me, I sat on the curb for a while until the nice lady next to me offered me a seat. It was cold and early, but oh so worth it. I had a dream a few days ago that I was there at the sale and it was like The Hunger Games....my dream was pretty accurate. There were police there and people getting kicked out because they weren't following the rules. It was madness. There are no fitting rooms, so you have to wear clothes that you can try things on over...thus the wearing of tights in 50 degree weather. Oh, and there was no order to anything at all...hence the reason we were there until 12:15. Yikes...that's a long time!
There ended up being probably about 300 people in line when the doors opened. They can only have 200 people in the warehouse...but that includes employees. We got in on the first wave, barely!
This is what it looked like while we were in line to pay. I will admit it: I spent a lot of money. The plus side: it was my birthday money from wonderful family members who love me very much! The other plus side: I got a HUGE trash bag full of clothes and shoes-25 items to be exact. You could get 3 items from Jcrew for what I paid today. I might post some of my sweet buys on here later.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Happy birthday! Glad you survived the crazy store. I might need to come and do this with you... you know, since I'll be around for the next 3 years :)

    ReplyDelete