Thursday, December 8, 2011

Awesome Bird Finds

No! I haven't been bird watching, I have been bird hunting! I have noticed owls have been "in". I don't know why, but they are cute, so I few months ago I was on the hunt for some birds. I found this one at an antique store in downtown Hendersonville for $5. I was a little hesitant when I first saw it because of the price, so I didn't buy it. I couldn't stop thinking about this stinkin bird, so I went back and luckily it was there still and bought it! Yay! O and the dish I got from a yard sale for $0.50 in Asheville.



I found this owl at a different antique store in Hendersonville. The price was much better for this one. It was $0.50. Hurrary! It is in Blake's room and he loves carrying it around sometimes. I have been trying to decide if I should spray paint it white. Its eyes are a little creepy. What do you think? Are its eyes creepy enough to paint the thing?

3 comments:

  1. I don't think the eyes are creepy. They are owl-y. Sweet decorating finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own a lot of owls. And the ones that have a really nice original coloring I keep and the ones that dont so much I paint. SO, I would say keep that one how it is and then if you find one that can't stand alone then paint it. If that makes sense.

    I have this one, I think it was actually the first owl I got that all the time I am tempted to paint, but it just has such a great original coloring that I leave it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that does make sense...thanks for the advice, I think I will probably keep it for now!

    ReplyDelete