Monday, January 23, 2012

Blake's New Room








Okay, so I know this doesn't scream 2 year old boy, but I am a fan of un-themed rooms. So here it is! There are still a few things I am going to do (spray painted lamp and bedding not completed).

We got Nathan a big boy bed when he turned two and Blake turns two in a week! We gave it to him a little early because he kept coming out of his bed at night and then waking up really early (like 5:30) in the morning. So far, the bed has fixed this problem. The boys both woke up at 7 this morning... hallelujah!

The bed is the same bed as Nathan's. I found it on craigslist just like Nathan's and I did the same work on it just like Nathan's, minus the creepy mask over my face and my neighbors laughing and pointing. I fixed it up at Alex's parents house. I think I talked the people on craigslist down to letting me buy the bed for $30 if I remember correctly. Pretty sweet huh?

I spray painted all the picture frames white. The biggest one is the one I got at Goodwill last week for $6. The others are ones I had laying around. I did decide to paint the owl white. Even though it was only $0.50 I really didn't want to but I had to because the frames were white. Anyway, the room isn't quite done, but mostly done. The boys are happy to now have 3 big beds to jump on.

2 comments:

  1. The laundry pic reminds me of college days! I think you got the bed for a steel!

    ReplyDelete