Sunday, August 12, 2012

Some Cool Stuff

O ya, so we are buying a house! It is a total fixer upper. Built in 1978 and hasn't been updated since 1978. We close in a few weeks and we are so excited to get in there and start fixing it up. I have been looking for cheap ways to make it awesome and this week I went to some antique stores in pursuit of "cool stuff". Some of the things on my list: 1. old weathered piece of wood for a mantle for the fireplace (it is a really tall stone fireplace, but no mantle) 2. an old hutch that can be turned into a sink for the bathrooms 3. chandelier for the living room (the ceilings are really high with exposed wood beams and I need a big beautiful chandelier-all that is there now=ceiling fan) 4. wood floors (dream floors = unfinished worn 8 in white oak planks) 5. pendants for the kitchen 6. anything else that might strick my fancy. So here are some fun things I found along the way at some antique stores in Asheville and Brevard:
Would love this table to go on my deck when it is all cleaned up.
I thoughts these lockers would be cool to have in the boys room.
I just loved all these letters and all the different colors they came in!
Some pendants I really love to go above the future kitchen island.
Some possible mantles. These specific beams are from some old barns around here.
I love this light!
Cool bench....and I am a sucker for all things Jadeite.

1 comment: